Open to legal residents of the following countries who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence) and are professional or amateur photographers: 50 United States/DC (excluding AZ, MD, VT, ND, CO, NE, NJ, TN), Canada, Australia (excluding Tasmania), Belgium, Denmark, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom (collectively, "Eligibility Area"). Employees of Rangefinder®, WPPI, The Photo Group, Emerald Expositions, Sponsor and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Subject to all federal, state, local, municipal and provincial laws and regulations.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter electronically, please visit http://www.wppiawards.com
("website") to register. Once the registration process has been completed, follow the online instructions to upload photographs from your computer, pick your category(ies) and pay the entry fee (an additional $10 if during the non early-bird Registration Deadline and an additional $10 during Extended Entry deadline) (collectively, "Entry"). There is a discount for PHOTO+ membership. See website for details.
Digital images should have a long dimension of at least 1920 pixels and be saved at 300 dpi (Around 7" or larger). Sponsor recommends the compressed file size not be larger than 4 megabytes to ensure a fast upload experience. Sponsor can accept images that are up to 50 megabytes (uncompressed) if you do not have the ability to downsize the images (uncompressed is the size you see in Photoshop's "Image Size" display which represents the count of pixels in the image: It is not the file size on your computer's hard drive viewable on your desktop). Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed. The person submitting the Entry must be the creator of the Entry and will be deemed the "Entrant." You can only use one (1) email address to enter. Normal internet/phone access and data/usage charges imposed by your phone/internet service provider may apply. For more information on electronic submission guidelines see our FAQ on http://www.wppiawards.com
You may enter any number of Entries in any of the following categories:
Bride Alone: Wedding Day, Wedding Couple Together: Wedding day, Bridal Party / Family and Friends, Groom Alone: Wedding Day, Wedding Details
Bride Alone: Non-Wedding Day, Bridal Couple/Models Together: Non-Wedding Day, Groom Alone: Non-Wedding Day, Pre Wedding Couple Together: Non-Wedding Day
Animals / Pets, Boudoir, Children, Group / Families, Teenager, Individual, Maternity, Fine Art Nude, Newborn
Wedding Photojournalism, Photojournalism
Commercial, Fashion/Beauty, Illustrative, Landscape, Portrait Contemporary (Composite), Pre Wedding Contemporary (Composite), Wedding Contemporary (Composite)
NEW! FILMMAKING DIVISION
Commercial/Illustrative Short Film, Wedding/Engagement Short Film
NEW! IN CAMERA ARTISTRY DIVISION
Each Entry must be unique and not submitted to a WPPI Annual competition previously. Each Entry consists of an entry form; a single image or photo essay; and an entry fee.
Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Entrant. By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that he or she has full power and authority to enter the photograph, and that the photograph does not infringe any copyright or violate any other intellectual property rights. The Entrant agrees to indemnify The Photo Group/Sponsor/Judges from any and all third party claims arising from use of the photograph as provided below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." If the photograph includes other people, you must be prepared to provide a signed written personal release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, authorizing use of the photograph (see below for more details).
Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that Entrants must be prepared to provide a release form (in Sponsor's sole discretion) as described below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person's art.
The Entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor/WPPI, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Photographs deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
All Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines indicated below, as determined by Sponsor/Judges in their sole discretion.
- Entry must not (and Entrants represent and warrant that it will not), violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, trade dress, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Entry must not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor's/WPPI's), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor/Administrator's sole discretion.
- Entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other public or private figure living or dead, or include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or address, phone number, or URL address.
- Any Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor's/WPPI's sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor/WPPI or any other entity associated with the Contest, or their respective products and services, or other people, products or companies.
- By submitting an Entry, you understand that if your Entry is deemed to be a winner, it will be posted and distributed in various media and any such posting/distribution will be deemed made at the direction of the Entrant within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act (of the U.S.).
PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"):
All First-Place winners will be featured in a gallery in the July/August 2019 issue of Rangefinder, First-Second-and Third-Place winners will be featured in an online gallery on wppiawards.com and will receive a trophy. Grand Award winners will be honored at the 2020 WPPI Awards ceremony in Las Vegas.
All winning images will appear in a Sponsor-specified Rangefinder issue and in an online gallery, as determined solely by WPPI and Sponsor. No cash alternative or substitution of prizes will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of comparable value if prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. All portions of the prize(s) are non-assignable and non-transferable. Any prizes pictured in any online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Contest materials are for illustrative purposes only. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between guidelines, disclosures or other statements contained in any such promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, the English version of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor/WPPI in their sole discretion.